installation of the adehabitat package

Hello,

I have version 4.0.5 of R and I would like to install the adehabitat package.
However, when I write install.packages("adehabitat") the software tells me that this package is not compatible with the version of R I have, and sends me to a link: R Installation and Administration.

When I try to download it from internet (CRAN - Package adehabitat), only archives are proposed. I downloaded one but it is in *.tar format and I don't know how to load it in R.

Would you have an idea to help me?
Thanks a lot!

Like this?

install.packages("path_to_file", repos=NULL, type="source")

Thank you for your answer but it seems that it does not work:

> install.packages("C:\\Users\\anna.pithioud\\Documents\\R\\win-library\\4.1\\adehabitat", repos=NULL, type="source")
Installation du package dans ‘C:/Users/anna.pithioud/Documents/R/win-library/4.1’
(car ‘lib’ n'est pas spécifié)
Avis : invalid package 'C:/Users/anna.pithioud/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/adehabitat'
Erreur : ERREUR : aucun package spécifié
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘C:/Users/anna.pithioud/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/adehabitat’ had non-zero exit status

But maybe I did something wrong :thinking:

Another option is to install from the CRAN's GitHub mirror

remotes::install_github("cran/adehabitat")

It failed I don't know why:

> remotes::install_github("cran/adehabitat")
Erreur : Failed to install 'unknown package' from GitHub:
  Timeout was reached: [api.github.com] Connection timed out after 10009 milliseconds

Thank you for your help !

Didn't you say it was in the tar.gz format? The extension is missing from this. You also don't have to save it in that folder, it could be saved elsewhere, but would install in that folder.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.