Installing ROracle in linux

I am trying to install the ROracle library in linux environment. I have R version of 3.3.3 in my machine and cannot upgrade it due to business requirements. I have followed the steps below:

Install the oracle clients:
oracle-instantclient19.6-sqlplus-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386
oracle-instantclient19.6-devel-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386
oracle-instantclient19.6-basic-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386
oracle-instantclient19.6-odbc-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386
oracle-instantclient19.6-jdbc-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386
oracle-instantclient19.6-tools-19.6.0.0.0-1.i386

This was followed by the command:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib/oracle/19.6/client/lib/ R CMD INSTALL --configure-args='--with-oci-lib=/usr/lib/oracle/19.6/client/lib/ --with-oci-inc=/usr/include/oracle/19.6/client' ROracle_1.3-1.tar.gz
After running the above command, I am getting error below:
`I am getting the below error:

• installing to library ‘/opt/wolf_workspace/R_Libraries’
  • installing source package ‘ROracle’ ...
    ** package ‘ROracle’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating src/Makevars
    ** libs
    gcc -I/opt/R/3.3.3/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG -I/usr/include/oracle/19.6/client -I/usr/local/include -fpic -g -O2 -c rodbi.c -o rodbi.o
    gcc -I/opt/R/3.3.3/lib/R/include -DNDEBUG -I/usr/include/oracle/19.6/client -I/usr/local/include -fpic -g -O2 -c rooci.c -o rooci.o
    gcc -shared -L/opt/R/3.3.3/lib/R/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o ROracle.so rodbi.o rooci.o -L/usr/lib/oracle/19.6/client/lib/ -lclntsh -L/opt/R/3.3.3/lib/R/lib -lR
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/oracle/19.6/client/lib//libclntsh.so when searching for -lclntsh
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lclntsh
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [/opt/R/3.3.3/lib/R/share/make/shlib.mk:6: ROracle.so] Error 1
    ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘ROracle’
  • removing ‘/opt/wolf_workspace/R_Libraries/ROracle’
    `
    I also checked the location /usr/lib/oracle/19.6/client/lib/ and the file libclntsh.so is present. It is also pointing to libclntsh.so.19.1

Can anyone provide some guidance on what I might be missing. Is the version of ROracle that I am using incompatible with oracle 19.1?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.