Is it possible to let the user select and interact with specific rows in a table?

I am rendering a dataframe with the renderTable() and I would like the user to be able to select specific rows of this dataframe/table as they see them. (I'd be willing to use a different function than renderTable() if necessary.)

My goal would be to know which row the user has selected, and either add or delete that row to/from a different table

Currently I can add rows from one table (A) to another table (B) with a numeric input and an action button: the user enters an index, and then clicking the action button adds the row in A at that index to the other table B. B is also being rendered with renderTable(), so the user sees the update in real time. Deletion from is done similarly.

I don't want the user to have to put in an index. Instead I want them to just select a row from A by clicking on that row in A directly (since they can see the table itself). Once they've selected the desired row they click a button to add it to (or delete it from, if it is present) B.

Is there any way to do this?

Maybe check out rhandsontable which includes this functionality out of the box.

1 Like

I'll check that out, thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.