Issue installing Fansi package in R

Hello! I'm completely new to RStudio so I apologize if I'm not doing this entirely correctly. I successfully installed the tidyverse package and then attempted to import a dataset using the "Import Dataset" function on the right side of the window. However, I got an error message stating "There is no package called 'fansi'" so I attempted to install the fansi package. I was unable to install fansi, and the output is shown here (screenshot as I had some trouble using reprex):

Since then I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling RStudio but I'm still unable to install the package. Any help would be appreciated, and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

For reference, I'm using MacOS Big Sur 11.4 and RStudio version 1.4.1106.

You are given two options, install a precompiled binary that is older, or compile the latest version from source you are choosing the latter but you have no compiling tools installed in your system.

If you need to install the latest version from source, then you need to install Xcode in your system (not in R) and the recommended development tools for macOS systems.
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/

screenshots should generally be reserved for graphical issues, where the content would be text, please in the future use copy and paste to transfer text from your R session to a forum post. The forum posts support markdown and therefore you can format your code as code with triple backticks like this

```
your code
```

You seem to have the same question as OP in this thread, and the solution is the same as well

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.