Issue installing "tidyverse" package

I keep getting this error message when I try to load "tidyverse"

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘fs’

I have tried installing "fs" separately, but this message pops up

Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘fs’ had non-zero exit status

Can you post the whole message you get when you try to install the fs package? You are omitting the useful parts.

I'm sorry, I am very new to this. Here is the full message:

install.packages("fs")

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
   binary source needs_compilation
fs  1.4.1  1.4.2              TRUE

Do you want to install from sources the package which needs compilation? (Yes/no/cancel) Yes
installing the source package ‘fs’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/fs_1.4.2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 819583 bytes (800 KB)
==================================================
downloaded 800 KB

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _utimensat
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/lib/libR.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _utimensat
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/lib/libR.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/INSTALL: line 34: 11606 Done                    echo 'tools:::.install_packages()'
     11607 Abort trap: 6           | R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES= LC_COLLATE=C "${R_HOME}/bin/R" $myArgs --no-echo --args ${args}
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘fs’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/w0/2c_rk2cx3f7fctqvnksbswb40000gn/T/RtmpesK4jF/downloaded_packages’
> 

(Despite the last part of the code's statement that it has been downloaded, I am unable to load "fs" or "tidyverse", or view fs in my downloaded packages)
`

Try answering "No" to this question, you would get a binary version that is a little older than the source version but easier to install.

I was able to install it in this way. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.