Issue with dea.env.robust function

Hi everyone,

I am trying to evaluate the explanatory character of a set of contextual variables over the efficiency levels using a bias-corrected data envelopment analysis. To do so, I am using the function dea.env.robust from rDEA package. One of the contextual variables (v9) is categorical and can assume 4 different values, which I have converted to 4 dummy variables ( 'v9_1','v9_2', 'v9_3' and 'v9_4').

I wrote:

library(rDEA)
data <- read.table("xxxxx.csv",sep=",", header = TRUE, dec='.')

inputs:: X = data[c('v1', 'v2','v3')]
outputs:: Y = data[c('v4')]
contextual variables:: Z = data [c('v5','v6,'v7','v8','v9_1','v9_2', 'v9_3','v9_4')]

Bias-corrected DEA score in an input-oriented model with constant returns-to-scale and environmental variables

data_env = dea.env.robust(
X= data[c('v1', 'v2','v3')] , Y= data[c('v4')] , Z= data [c('v5','v6,'v7','v8', 'v9_1','v9_2', 'v9_3', 'v9_4' )] , model="input",
RTS="constant",L1=100, L2=2000, alpha=0.05))

And then the following error message:

Error in array(x, c(length(x), 1L), if (!is.null(names(x))) list(names(x), :
'data' must be of a vector type, was 'NULL'

I have been looking for help on several websites and blogs but I did not find a solution. I know that if I do not consider the last dummy variable (v9_4), it works but I do not understand why.

The output of the dea.env.robust function does not return p-values nor z-scores values of the estimated coefficients. Then I do not know how to evaluate if beta coefficients obtained are significant or not.

Could someone please help me with these two questions?

Thanks in advance

Ana Loureiro

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.