Issue with Graphics Engine Post R & RStudio Update

Today I updated both R and RStudio. I am now running R Studio version 1.2.5042, and the 4.1.1 version of R. However, there appears to be some confusion, as I am getting the message:

"R graphics engine version 14 is not supported by this version of RStudio. The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is installed."

When I click on 'check for updates', it says that I am using the latest version of RStudio, so I am unsure of what is causing this issue.

Someone else (Warning message:R graphics engine version 14 is not supported by this version of RStudio. The Plots tab will be disabled until a newer version of RStudio is installed. - #8 by jrkrideau) appears to have had to uninstall and then reinstall RStudio to fix this issue. I will do this if necessary, but is there any other workaround for this issue that the community is aware of?

For R >= 4.0.0 you need to use RStudio >= 1.4, the latest version has a different versioning convention, maybe that is the problem, you can download it from here

Thanks. I uninstalled RStudio and then reinstalled via the link above, and the issue is no longer occurring.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.