Issue with installing and loading tidyverse

Hello. I am a new member of the community. I have no background in coding and am just starting out with an online course. I am using a Mac and have installed RStudio through Anaconda navigator since I already had the same installled. I have been trying to install tidyverse and load it through library(tidyverse) but the following happens and any help in regards to the same would be greatly appreciated.

library(tidyverse)
Error in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called ‘tidyverse’

Hi, and welcome!

Anaconda is a wonderful environment and package manager for Python. I love it. It is, however, the source of many problems in dealing with R. I recommend uninstalling your current version and download the package manager image from the RStudio.com site.

Whether you do that or not, before you can load tidyverse or any of the other packages that aren't part of the base installation, you first have to download the library

install.packages("tidyverse")

Hey. Just did that. It's working perfectly now. Looking forward to learning more. Thanks a lot for your help. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.