Issue with navbarMenu when using a theme from bslib::bs_theme

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a Shiny app that I am trying to use a theme from bslib from. The issue is demonstrated in the attached images.

When using a theme (any theme, not just flatly,) I am not able to select a single tabPanel from my navbarMenu. In my example code, I have two tabPanel options. When clicking on "Order" both tabPanel options are highlighted and I cannot choose a single one. This isn't just a visual issue, as when I have outputs in my server function, I am unable to navigate to them due to not being able to choose an option from the navbarMenu.

Here is the code using the theme:

ui <- navbarPage(
  "Sales BI",
  theme = bs_theme(bootswatch = "flatly"),
  navbarMenu(
    "Order",
    tabPanel("Open Order Dashboard"),
    tabPanel("Open Order Detail")
    )
  )

server <- function(input, output, session) {}

shinyApp(ui, server)

And the code without the theme, where there is no issue:

ui <- navbarPage(
  "Sales BI",
  navbarMenu(
    "Order",
    tabPanel("Open Order Dashboard"),
    tabPanel("Open Order Detail")
    )
  )

server <- function(input, output, session) {}

shinyApp(ui, server)

Any help is appreciated.

shiny_bi_app
shiny_bi_no_theme

Do you have the latest versions of shiny and bslib? I believe we somewhat recently released a fix for this.

I believe so, I am on Shiny 1.7.1 and bslib 0.3.1. I am on R version 4.1.3 and RStudio is up to date. Unfortunately I'm still seeing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.