Issues Installing Lubridate 1.3.3 in RStudio 4.1.0

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install version 1.3.3 of the package Lubridate in RStudio 4.1.0. When I type

> require(devtools)
> install_version("lubridate", version = "1.3.3", repos = "http://cran.us.r-project.org")

the following message appears:

Error in args(f) : object '.build_locale_regs' not found
Error: unable to load R code in package 'lubridate'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'lubridate'
* removing 'C:/Users/orang/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/lubridate'
Warning message:
In i.p(...) :
  installation of package ‘C:/Users/orang/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpGmVLlE/remotes390c61ddce5/lubridate’ had non-zero exit status

How do I successfully install this package? Thank you for your help.

Hello @beck ,

I cannot help you with this.
Are you sure that you can't work with the latest version (1.7.10) of lubridate ?

Regards Han

Hi,
The reason I'm attempting to use version 1.3.3 is because it's the most recent version to use new_interval before lubridate changed it over to interval. I am trying to install package teamlucc from azvoleff/teamlucc: TEAM land use and cover change data processing toolkit version 0.46 from GitHub, but when I run

> remotes::install_github("azvoleff/teamlucc")

I get the error

Error: object 'new_interval' is not exported by 'namespace:lubridate'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'teamlucc'
* removing 'C:/Users/orang/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/teamlucc'
Warning message:
In i.p(...) :
  installation of package ‘C:/Users/orang/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpGmVLlE/file390c47c6ad3/teamlucc_0.46.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Is there a better way of solving this core problem other than using lubridate 1.3.3?

Hello @Beck,

I understand your problem.
I tried to install the package myself and got a different error:

devtools::install_github('azvoleff/teamlucc')
....
ERROR: dependencies 'wrspathrow', 'SDMTools', 'spatial.tools' are not available for package 'teamlucc'

I could install them all (except SDMTools) with

devtools::install_github('azvoleff/wrspathrowData')
devtools::install_github('azvoleff/wrspathrow')
devtools::install_github('azvoleff/spatial.tools')

but I could not find (on CRAN or GitHub) an SDMTools version that is suitable for my R version (4.1.0 on Windows 10):

package ‘SDMTools’ is not available for this version of R

So I am afraid I can't help you any further.

You know of course that the teamlucc package is last updated in 2016.
You could ask a question about this in https://github.com/azvoleff/teamlucc/issues but I do not know if the package is still maintained.
And maybe you can find an alternative that is more recent.

Hello,
I was able to get SDMTools using the code

install.packages("remotes")
remotes::install_version("SDMTools", "1.1-221")

As well, I've been emailing teamlucc's maintainer, who I found through the link I posted earlier, so hopefully that also helps.

No big consolation but after installing SDMTools package as you do it I get the same error:

** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Warning: replacing previous import 'ggplot2::alpha' by 'kernlab::alpha' when loading 'teamlucc'
Warning: replacing previous import 'ggplot2::margin' by 'randomForest::margin' when loading 'teamlucc'
Warning: replacing previous import 'kernlab::rotated' by 'raster::rotated' when loading 'teamlucc'
Warning: replacing previous import 'e1071::interpolate' by 'raster::interpolate' when loading 'teamlucc'
Warning: replacing previous import 'kernlab::buffer' by 'raster::buffer' when loading 'teamlucc'
Error: object 'new_interval' is not exported by 'namespace:lubridate'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'teamlucc'
* removing 'D:/tools/R/Packages/teamlucc'

If you need the package very soon (and the only issue is that new_interval is renamed in interval ) you could clone the package in GitHub and apply the changes to your clone:

  • importFrom(lubridate,new_interval) in NAMESPACE
  • new_interval in auto_cloud_fill.R

But it is always better to keep to the 'official' version.

I hadn't thought of doing that! Right now I'm attempting to run the source code of the functions from the package, but I'll try this right after and update the thread.