Issues installing package with R Studio's package manager, CentOS, R Studio Workbench

I am encountering some issues here. I thought originally it might be due to using renv, but this occurs in a 'plain' session too. I see errors like this:

Installing cpp11 [0.4.2] ...
OK [linked cache]
Installing arrow [9.0.0] ...
FAILED
Error installing package 'arrow':

• installing binary package ‘arrow’ ...
    cp: cannot create regular file '/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow/./help/buffer.html': File exists
    cp: cannot create regular file '/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow/./help/Field.html': File exists
    cp: cannot create regular file '/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow/./help/Schema.html': File exists
    cp: cannot create regular file '/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow/./help/Type.html': File exists
    cp: cannot create regular file '/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow/./help/array.html': File exists
    /usr/bin/gtar: You may not specify more than one '-Acdtrux', '--delete' or '--test-label' option
    Try '/usr/bin/gtar --help' or '/usr/bin/gtar --usage' for more information.
    /usr/bin/gtar: This does not look like a tar archive
    /usr/bin/gtar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    ERROR: installing binary package failed
  • removing ‘/nfshome/MI.local/scharlesworth/Closed_IQVIA/renv/staging/1/arrow’
    Error: install of package 'arrow' failed [error code 1]

I'm using

"Repositories": [
{
"Name": "CRAN",
"URL": "https://packagemanager.rstudio.com/all/__linux__/centos8/latest/"
}
]

Any help is appreciated!

The gtar error is unusual, but I'd like to focus on the installation of Arrow. It can be tricky because of the need for libarrow.

There are some installation options and troubleshooting steps for Arrow here:

https://cran.csiro.au/web/packages/arrow/vignettes/install.html

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.