Issues w. RStudio Server, Ubuntu & Docker

Greetings,
First-time poster. Been using RStudio on a headless Ubuntu server via a containerized build for the last couple of years. Similar to Rocker. RStudio Server was working OK but recently, after updating to the latest version, I've run into a roadblock. I'm getting these errors (see below). It seems like the issue was with dependencies (QT) but those were resolved. Obviously, I'm NOT running a virtual frame buffer (VNC) as I access RStudio via browser and it wasn't needed with the last version.

I can share a sanitized Dockerfile but it seems unrelated to Conda, packages, etc. Guidance appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb")

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/usr/lib/rstudio/bin/platforms" ...

loaded library "/usr/lib/rstudio/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so"

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.

This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/usr/lib/rstudio/plugins/platforms" ...

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/usr/lib/rstudio/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so"

Found metadata in lib /usr/lib/rstudio/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so, metadata=

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

Weird!! Thanks so much for posting here @will.rkr! I must admit it is a bit over my head, but maybe something that an issue on GitHub - rstudio/rstudio: RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R or in the RStudio / IDE section of the Community might help (where more of the IDE developers could catch issues).

Any chance one of the newer builds has solved the problem for you? (i.e. we just recently released 2022.07)