Issues with packages after updating to R 3.5.0

Ahh, yes. I managed to install from github fine (not getting this error anymore) when I next tried - a day or two after my last comment above. I am guessing @Anantadinath was correct - it was something problem in ggplot/tidyverse and they fixed it...?

1 Like

It works fine for me too..

7 posts were split to a new topic: Since installing R 3.5.0 I have a problem installing/updating/building packages that go into the library path of my user account

I have the same issue. I upgraded rlang to 0.2.0.9001, but when I try to deploy my app I get:

Preparing to deploy document...DONE
Uploading bundle for document: 350859...DONE
Deploying bundle: 1399459 for document: 350859 ...
Waiting for task: 528567830
  building: Processing bundle: 1399459
  building: Building image: 1412709
  error: Building package: rlang
################################ Begin Task Log ################################ 
################################# End Task Log ################################# 
Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 528567831 failed: Error building image: Error building rlang (0.2.0.9001). R version 3.5.0 currently unavailable
Execution halted

update packages using the following command:

update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE, ask=FALSE)

For why checkBuilt, refer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8828334/updating-packages-in-r-impact-of-checkbuilt-true-or-false

3 Likes

As a Mac user (Sierra, 10.13.4) I also had issues reinstalling some of the packages (stringi, data.table, ggplot2) after the upgrade to R 3.5. Installing "xcode" solved my problem:

1. Plug in your charger, otherwise the install window might not pop up.
  2. type the magic words to your terminal: xcode-select --install
  3. follow the installation process (it takes about 2-10 minutes).
  4. now package installation via install.packages() should work
1 Like

Did this ever get resolved? I just updated my Shiny app, and it will run using it locally with runApp, but the packages will not install using the rocker/shiny base image when trying to build it into a Docker container.