paid / Remote (but similar TZ to the UK) / full-time
We are currently developing a SAAS Shiny application. We have a prototype that is functional, but not ready for release. Your role will be to refactor the application and push it towards public release. The core requirement for this role is Shiny experience.
This Shiny application will be your main role, but not your only one. As a small company, we often take on a variety of jobs. In particular, helping out with new and ongoing Shiny related projects. An approximate split would be 2.5 days on the SAAS Shiny app and 2.5 days on other projects.
Location: Remote, but within the UK or Europe.
- Building web applications using R and Shiny
- Basic data analysis using R and/or Python
- Depending on the applicant, provide technical training
- Attend on-site client meetings (at some point in the future)
- Off-site meetings via video conference call
The following is to give you a flavour of how Jumping Rivers runs internally. If you have never used these tools, don't worry, we can teach you.
Almost everyone uses Linux, from the Admin team to the data scientists. We all use GitLab. Our main languages are R & Python.
Deadline: This is an ongoing advert. We will continue to interview as we receive applications.
- Shiny experience! One of your first interview questions will ask you to take us through a recent Shiny application you have developed.