Keep Getting Prompted to Install Command Line Tools

I can't figure this one out. I updated XCode after updating to Mac Montery 12.6 with RStudio 2022.07.1 . I now keep getting prompted to download Command Line Tools every time I open RStudio. (it's the "git command requires . . . ". The prompt is Apple's Command Line Developer Tools, not anything from RStudio. I downloaded the first time (supposedly successfully), but it just keeps prompting me. I can't even cancel: it will pop up again after a short while. Git is working fine: I'm able to use it in the Terminal, even the one built into RStudio (when I don't get interrupted by the prompt. As far as I can tell, it only happens when using RStudio.

Never mind
I went into XCode and then played around there and installed again. Seems to be working now. I got my Git tab back on RStudio, which was missing, and I haven't been prompted again. Fingers crossed.

Could you explain what you did to resolve this? I keep getting the same window popping up and I cannot find a solution. I've re-installed XCode, still getting the same thing.

Sorry, I should have written it down, because now I don’t remember. I think it had something to do with agreeing to the conditions, but I’m not sure.

I moved to the new computer in the meantime and as I was only using XCode for command line tools, I just installed the latter. Much smaller install.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.