Authors: Cullen Molitor
Abstract: A tool for visualizing methods, natural history, and the long term ecological monitoring data collected by the Kelp Forest Monitoring Program at Channel Islands National Park.
Full Description: Please refer to the about section of the app for detailed information about the intent and scope of this application.
General goals of app:
- Provide a tool for exploratory data analysis for field biologists
- Provide a permanent source of institutional knowledge to a long term monitoring program
- Provide a tool for teachers to use in classrooms
- Spread awareness of the trends of the subtidal species and communities of the California Channel Islands
- Consolidate the various resources KFM uses into a single and interactive tool for training new field biologists and volunteers
- Share photos and detailed field guides of species and protocols to give a better sense of what is being monitored and how
Keywords: tidyverse, marine, ecology, biology, ecological monitoring, data visualization, education
Shiny app: https://app-4oc2gi4bqq-uw.a.run.app/
Repo: GitHub - cullen-molitor/Shiny_Contest_2021
RStudio Cloud: RStudio Cloud