Keras/Tensorflow not cooperating

Hi,

I am trying to use Keras as part of my machine learning module.

I am trying to run the following code:

library(keras)

library(lubridate)

# load the data
dat = read.csv("data_energy_consumption.csv")

# convert full date into `month` and `hour`
dat$date = ymd_hms(dat$date) # now a UTC
dat$month = month(dat$date)
dat$hour = hour(dat$date)

# remove full date
dat = dat[, -2]

# store predictors and standardise
x = dat[, -1]
x = scale(x)
V = ncol(x) # for later

# convert from factor to numeric (0:normal, 1:high)
y = ifelse(dat$Appliances == "normal", 0, 1)

# one-hot encoding
y = to_categorical(y)
K = ncol(y) # number of classes

# check a few observations
y[c(1, 19, 105, 131)]
dat$Appliances[c(1, 19, 105, 131)]

Before running this, I installed Keras, and all lines fun fine up until the Keras function to_categorical(), when I run this line R results in a fatal error and shuts down the session.

My lecturer tried to help me fix this but we were unsuccessful, however, if I downgrade tensorflow package to version 1.4, I get a different error. Instead of the fatal error pop up and RStudio shutting dow, I get the following:

Error: Python module tensorflow.keras was not found. Detected Python configuration: python: /Users/cjclarke/Library/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate/bin/python libpython: /Users/cjclarke/Library/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate/lib/libpython3.6m.dylib pythonhome: /Users/cjclarke/Library/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate:/Users/cjclarke/Library/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate version: 3.6.12 |Anaconda, Inc.| (default, Sep 8 2020, 17:50:39) [GCC Clang 10.0.0 ] numpy: /Users/cjclarke/Library/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate/lib/python3.6/site-packages/numpy numpy_version: 1.19.5

I found a similar post on this forum, and it mentioned downgrading Cudnn to 7.0 instead of 7.1, however I have no idea what this is or how to do it, or even if it is an appropriate fix.

I would greatly appreciate any help as until I fix this, I cannot do my assignments.

Thanks in advance,
CJ

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.