Keyboard Not Responding in Script Editor

I was running a for loop that required a user input response from a menu() execution. I had to break the loop to edit the code, so I Esc'd out, made my edit, but then after that character keystrokes don't seem to appear in the script editor. I can use directional keys, I can highlight code, but I can't backspace, delete, or add characters (type anything).

My suspicion is that this may be related to killing the for loop while awaiting a response, but I've restarted the R session and the computer and the problem persists. I can type into the console and use all other functions of RStudio, it's just the actual editing of code that won't happen.

Any thoughts?

Basic System Info:
R version 3.4.4 (2018-03-15)
RStudio Version 1.2.1114
Ubuntu 16.04

EDIT: Tried un and reinstalling RStudio 1.2, no dice. Going to try to rollback the version and see what happens.

EDIT EDIT: It was a problem with 1.2 sighs, I guess that's why it's still in beta. Running the updated 1.1 version and I can type in the code editor again.

We appreciate your taking the time to test. Any chance you're able to provide us with a reproducible example? If we're able to reproduce the problem locally, we're much more likely to be able to fix the underlying issue.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.