knitr::include_graphics in bookdown, is not rendering the image and not cross referencing

Hi,

I'm trying to knit together a draft of a paper. I have completed the analysis and made all my figures in another file but just want to call the images in the manuscript write up and ultimately, I want to cross-reference the 20 plus figures in the manuscript. So, I have knitr rendering jpeg plots I created elsewhere in my saved in another folder.

I understand how to cross-reference them in theory, but I can't even get the draft to render as a pdf bc when it compiles, the tex file throws an error saying it can't find the file path of the image.

I'm including a test file I'm using to trouble should and the figure.

I'm at loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Here's that I've tried:

• I thought it had to with the fact that I'm using the here package and relative file paths? But that didn't seem to be it.

• Could it be because all of my file paths are in store in iCloud which might have some spaces? I tried to get the file to knit when I saved the image elsewhere with no spaces in the file path and that didn't work either.

• It works when I generate the plot directly in the code chunk instead of just calling the figure with knitr::include_graphics , but I have like 20 figures so I'd prefer to just use the knitr::include_graphics function to streamline the manucscript write up and keep all of the plot generation code in a separate analysis file. Using a source could work but then I'd have to translate the original analysis file and this workflow is supposed to work because it's described here.

Here' a link to the image, the test.Rmd file, and references to compile.

Older version Cross-posted on StackOverflow

This is a personal issue, but I don't like the idea of having to click on links in your message that may lead to ???
Just take the trouble to present in your message a small example of the code that does not work.
In that way you could get more reactions.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.