Knitting Rmarkdown file as a long picture?

Hi,

I know rmarkdown doesn't support long picture output. I just wonder, if there is any smarter way for me to make a well-formatted and wiki-embeddable report from my .rmd file?

I frequently use rmarkdown to write reports and share with my colleagues. But there are two issues. First, if i output the report as PDF file, its format sometimes messes up because large plots would skip to next page and leave a big blank behind. Second, if i output as HTML file, it would be not well-formatted when my colleagues open it in their phones.

Now, I usually output as html file and take full-size screenshot from Chrome. After I get a long picture, I can just embed it into my wiki page. I know it is a little stupid, but it's the best way for me.

Looking forward to the smarter ideas.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

Thanks for sharing. (and sorry for the delay)

What is a long picture exactly ?

If you are able to precise what you have in mind, this could be a feature request.

I am not sure to understand correctly and what this would mean in term of code to make this happen.

Is there any Rmd output format that works regarding those long pictures ?