Lag deleting text

Hello,

I am suddenly having a strange issue on my macbook pro retina. When I use the fn + backspace key combination to delete code there is a lag of a few seconds and a spike in cpu activity. Everything else is working as normal.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?!

I am using:

• RStudio Version 1.1.442
  • macOS 10.13.3 (17D102)
  • macbook pro retina (8GB, 2.5 GHz)

So far I have tried:

• Resarting the computer
  • SMC reset
  • Reinstall RStudio

Cheers,

Mike

Unfortunately, changes in macOS High Sierra + Safari have lead to a situation where RStudio can be very laggy on high DPI displays.

We're working to fix this, and have a candidate fix in the latest daily builds. If you have time, you can try downloading and testing one of these builds (but note that you might encounter some extra bugs / issues while you test it out; we're hard at work to clean these up!)

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply!

I think my problem with the delete lag might have actually been a seperate issue to the general lag associated with the high DPI retina diplays.

I do experience some general lag typing since upgrading to High Sierra, but this lag with deletions occurred all of a sudden and was much more pronounced.

Anyway, it seems that I have fixed this problem by clearing some caches using the Onyx. Just thought i'd mention it in case anyone else comes across this thread!

Cheers,

Mike

1 Like