Hi fellow #r-admin !
Another question about experience sharing
Do you have some guidelines to install and configure Latex for using Rmarkdown on RStudio Server Pro ?
There are several ways of doing that I think with some questions raised like :
- Should we use yum package manager to install Tex on Centos 7, installing also available Tex package ?
- Should we use something like tinytex ? Globally or by user ?
- How to do all that in an offline environment ? Does Package manager plans to cover latex package ?
- do we need a tex mirror for latex packages ?
The aim is to offer Latex feature on RStudio Server Pro for every user, while having administration as easy as possible. That means not having every user install and configure latex himself but offering a working base for everyone.
Currently, we are thinking about:
• Installation Tex distribution available on centos 7
• Including tex library available
• With offline mode and no latex mirror, only those lib would be available.
If you have some advice and guidelines to follow, sharing experience would be awesome !