paid / full-time / Portland OR USA
Lazarus Naturals is on a mission to make quality hemp-based CBD accessible to everybody. It’s why we own our manufacturing process from start to finish - beginning at our hemp farms in Central Oregon to our extraction, formulation, and packaging - all to deliver safe, effective CBD at an affordable price. We provide a 60% Assistance Program to veterans and individuals with disabilities or low-income because we believe everybody should be able to experience the benefits of CBD regardless.
We have a close-knit, fast-paced work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen, competitive pay and full benefits - and we’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
Beyond technical qualifications and sufficient experience requirements, we at Lazarus Naturals look for people who can thrive in our work environment and actively challenge themselves. We prioritize applicants who can illustrate their capacity to think critically, approach mistakes positively and constructively, as well as the ability to claim responsibility for their actions, whether good or bad. It is equally important that any applicant is able to exhibit an appreciation for proactive honesty and marked flexibility in the face of abrupt change. Moreover, we prefer applicants who share our passion and pride in the work we all contribute to as a team.
This position will play a critical role in the design, development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of systems at Lazarus Naturals. They will be responsible for ensuring data integrity across multiple systems and working with internal stakeholders to improve, build, and scale platforms as well as expanding the reporting functionality for the business. This individual will be an essential part of the Business Intelligence team and key owner in the product development lifecycle - responsible for planning, architecture, testing, migration, and production support.
This position reports directly to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Design, development, and implementation of database applications and solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting/analytical applications. This includes but not limited to ETL, stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Evaluate data analysis and visualization tools and assist Analysts in developing recurring and ad-hoc reports/dashboards.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a data governance structure, working closely with Senior Leadership and Technology/DevOps teams to implement solutions, standardization and best practices.
- Assist in design and implementation of a data layer that enables and supports Senior/Executive Leadership in making key business decisions for the organization.
- Interpret complex datasets and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports and guidance to multiple stakeholders.
- Manage spreadsheet ecosystems and identify opportunities to automate, streamline and migrate data storage where applicable.
- Work with Sales, Operations, Production, Marketing and Finance to establish business processes, provide actionable data, solve problems, and proactively engineer data solutions.
- Provide support for investigating and troubleshooting production and data integrity issues. Prepares technical documentation when necessary.
- Bachelors or postgraduate degree in mathematics, data, actuarial science, statistics, computer science, or 5+ years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience working as a data scientist, engineer, analyst or similar.
- Experience developing, structuring and managing databases.
- Advanced knowledge and experience manipulating data in Excel, Access, R, SQL/NoSQL or similar.
- Experience integrating data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML, EDI, JSON, EXCEL, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate data into business guidance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant.
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of BI analytics/reporting/visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Birst, Qlik, Power BI, or simlar)
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental insurance)
- Employee discount program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401K plan
- FSA & commuter benefits
- Employee development opportunities
- Company events
This is a full-time role based in Portland, Oregon. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Lazarus Naturals is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.