LEA Help Excel File Layout

Hello!

I am trying to run a data set using an excel file in the .csv format to be used in LEA. However, the software returns an error message every time saying that our matrix can only contain 0, 1, 2 or 9, but our file does contain only these numbers. I am wondering if anyone has used LEA and can explain to me what format the program can read/accept. I am thinking the problem could be with the headings, but I have altered the headings multiple times and it still contains this error message.

Thanks!

I have not used LEA, but the package seems to have pretty thorough documentation, along with FAQs here.

We are going to need a little more detail to help you out. There is more information on how to get help at the pinned welcome message including on how to make a reproducible example of the challenge you are trying to solve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello again,

I would love to create a reprex to allow you a quick and easy understanding of my problem. However, I have never created a reprex before so I am unclear on how the process works.

For another R user to reproduce my error message, would I have to provide my specific data file? If this is not the case, I am unclear on how the same error message would appear on one R console to another.

Please let me know so I can create the best possible reprex.

Thanks so much!

Hi @dimarcam, the following links should guide you through creating a reprex:

1. Reprex tidyverse page
  2. So You've Been Asked To Make A Reprex?
  3. RStudio Community Reprex FAQs
  4. Reprex Do's and Don'ts

Additionally, there is also section here on Data for my reprex?

Hopefully that helps!

Personally, I prefer to use dummy data to re-create and solve challenges. Sometimes including complicated data in an example, takes focus away from the core problem you are trying to address (imho).

However, if the problem pertains to a function embedded deep in a package, this can be difficult. If this is the case, then you will have to supply your data (or a small enough part to reproduce the error) along with the code, which results in the error.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes