Learnr tutorial becomes non-interactive with addition of phyloseq

... Hello, I am new to learnr and am running into an issue where my code chunks become non-interactive when I publish my learnr tutorial. (By non-interactive, I mean there is no output or feedback when clicking ‘Run Code’). I believe the problem has to do with my use of a Bioconductor package phyloseq, but I'm not certain.

The exercises in the pre-loaded learnr tutorial (e.g. adjust the code to show only the top 5 rows of mtcars) ARE interactive when I include the following in the set-up code chunk:

library(learnr)
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = FALSE)

library(BiocManager)
options(repos = BiocManager::repositories())
library(phyloseq)

However, as soon as I add other packages such as tidyverse to this start-up code, the default exercises become non-interactive in the published version. All that I've altered in the pre-loaded learnr tutorial is this start-up code chunk:

library(learnr)
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = FALSE)

library(BiocManager)
options(repos = BiocManager::repositories())
library(phyloseq)
library(tidyverse)

The code chunks work locally when I run the .Rmd; however fail when I publish through the shiny server: https://ajames-shiny-r10.shinyapps.io/trial10/. I've updated R (4.1.0), R Studio (1.4.1106), phyloseq (1.36.0), and Bioconductor (3.14).

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.