Library(car) no package found

I know this used to work, because I have done this same analysis before with trial and preliminary data. When I try it now I get this message:

library(car)
Error in library(car) : there is no package called ‘car’

The package should already be installed because like I said I have used it before. what can I do to fix this problem? Thanks guys!

Have you updated R recently? If you are on Windows different versions of R have different .libPaths()
Anyways, try reinstalling the package

install.packages("car")

I tried reinstalling car, and it said I need Rtools which I also donwloaded. Now when I go:
install.packages("car")
I get a bunch of stuff pop in my console pasted below. I don't think the package is actually installing though as I still cannot get package to work, actually after the installing process I cannot get any of the functions to work. I am desperate to get something to work, I really need to get these stats completed ASAP.

install.packages("car")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Ashley/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
also installing the dependencies ‘BH’, ‘rematch’, ‘prettyunits’, ‘assertthat’, ‘utf8’, ‘vctrs’, ‘forcats’, ‘hms’, ‘readr’, ‘cellranger’, ‘progress’, ‘zip’, ‘cli’, ‘crayon’, ‘fansi’, ‘pillar’, ‘pkgconfig’, ‘rlang’, ‘SparseM’, ‘MatrixModels’, ‘sp’, ‘haven’, ‘curl’, ‘data.table’, ‘readxl’, ‘openxlsx’, ‘tibble’, ‘minqa’, ‘nloptr’, ‘Rcpp’, ‘RcppEigen’, ‘carData’, ‘abind’, ‘pbkrtest’, ‘quantreg’, ‘maptools’, ‘rio’, ‘lme4’

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
binary source needs_compilation
pillar 1.3.1 1.4.0 FALSE

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/BH_1.69.0-1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 19008281 bytes (18.1 MB)
downloaded 18.1 MB

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/rematch_1.0.1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 16059 bytes (15 KB)
downloaded 15 KB

Plus a bunch more of these trying URL ...

Could you share the whole error message? So far you are just showing normal installation messages.

I got it figured out. I need to install Rtools then install Datacar and then install car. It works now, and I was able to complete the analysis. I hope this eventually helps someone else too.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.