Library problems installing bibliometrix

Hi folks,

since I am new to this community I wanted to say thank you in advance. Unfortunately I have a problem regarding the installation of the bibliometrix package. It should be super easy but obviously not for me.

First of all some sessionInfo()

R version 4.1.0 (2021-05-18)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)
Running under: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Matrix products: default
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

locale:
[1] de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/C/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.1.0 tools_4.1.0   

So I tried using "install.packages('bibliometrix', dependencies = TRUE)" to install al the necessary stuff. Unfortunately when trying to use it with "library(bibliometrix)" it says:

Error: Loading package or namespace for 'bibliometrix' in readRDS(mapfile): failed.
 unknown input format

What did I already do:

• Uninstall R
  • Uninstall R Studio
  • Reinstall both
  • Remove pkgs manually
  • Removed 'bibliometrix'
  • Reinstalled 'bibliometrix'

But, as you might guess, without success. I really hope one of you has a good idea about this and the provided information is enough.

Thanks a lot.

I guess the best thing would to try a re-install and paste the output here. The most likely thing is probably a dependency that did not install. You may need to carefully check all the output looking for error messages saying, roughly *package XXX" did not install.

Ah that should be ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘sf’* etc.

Install the first "uninstalled" package, try a re-install of 'bibliometrix'. Repeat if needed. I have see cases where 3 or 4 dependenries do not automatically install.

Thanks for the quick reply. I removed the bibliometrix package and got the following output. For me this feels like there seems to be a library problem that I can't fix.

> detach("package:bibliometrix", unload = TRUE)
error in detach("package:bibliometrix", unload = TRUE) : 
  invalid 'name' argument
> remove.packages("bibliometrix")
Remove package from '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library'
(since 'lib' is not specified)

This might not be directly connected to bibliometrix but seems to be a R library problem.

I think it is because you do not have bibliometrix installed. You cannot attach, detach or remove a package that is not installed. I still think it is likely to be a dependent package that is not installing but we need the complete installation log to check and IIRC it will be huge.

I fully removed R from my Mac (at least I hope so) and did a reinstall of bibliometrix with the following output:

> install.packages('bibliometrix', dependencies = TRUE)
installiere auch Abhängigkeit ‘bibliometrixData’

versuche URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/4.1/bibliometrixData_0.1.0.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2953867 bytes (2.8 MB)
==================================================
downloaded 2.8 MB

versuche URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/4.1/bibliometrix_3.1.4.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 890239 bytes (869 KB)
==================================================
downloaded 869 KB

Tbh I dont know how do uninstall something if R Studio says that it is technically not there. Maybe you can give me the command to type in? That would be great since I am a pretty new to all of this. Thanks in advance.

I am a Linux user so not much help. Sorry for the late reply.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.