library(reticulate)

Hello there,
I'm trying to install a Python package from GitHub using "reticulate" in RStudio. However, I encountered an error. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you,

library(reticulate)
py_install("git+https://github.com/kevinsbello/dagma.git#egg=dagma")
  • "C:/Users/.../AppData/Local/r-miniconda/condabin/conda.bat" "install" "--yes" "--prefix" "C:/Users/.../AppData/Local/r-miniconda/envs/r-reticulate" "-c" "conda-forge" "git+https://github.com/kevinsbello/dagma.git#egg=dagma"
    Retrieving notices: ...working... done
    Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): ...working... done
    Solving environment: ...working... failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
    Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): ...working... done
    Solving environment: ...working... failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

Current channels:

• h.ttps://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/win-64
  • h.ttps://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/noarch
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/win-64
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/win-64
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/win-64
  • h.ttps://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/noarch

To search for alternate channels that may provide the conda package you're
looking for, navigate to

h.ttps://anaconda.org

and use the search bar at the top of the page.

Error: one or more Python packages failed to install [error code 1]

From the documentation, {reticulate} can only install from PyPI and Conda, not from Github.

So you'd probably want to create a Python environment (with conda or venv) from reticulate, then run python's pip command to do the installation without using reticulate. Some people seem to have managed here and there.

Btw. I would also add a reticulate tag to questions about reticulate, to make it more likely that the right people see it.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.