library(tidyverse) error message

Hi,

I wanted to load the package tidymodel, when I got an error message. So I choose to update all of my packages (I read in a previous topic, that that may be a solution), but now even after tidyverse I got an error message:

library(tidyverse)
package �tidyverse� was built under R version 3.6.3Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘tibble’ 2.1.3 is already loaded, but >= 3.0.0 is required

Any idea?

Thank you for your help in advance,
Marcell

It looks like you have an old version of the tibble package. Try updating it with install.packages("tibble") .

Yeah, I found it. Beacuse I update all the packages, but at tibble I got the following error:
package ‘rlang’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning in install.packages :
cannot remove prior installation of package ‘rlang’
problem copying C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll to C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll: Permission denied
restored ‘rlang’
package ‘tibble’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
cannot remove prior installation of package ‘tibble’
problem copying C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll to C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll: Permission denied
restored ‘tibble’

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpIhYJyM\downloaded_packages

Also tried it to update form source, with the similar error:

install.packages("C:/Users/user/Downloads/tibble_3.0.1.tar.gz", repos = NULL, type = "source")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/user/Documents/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

• installing source package 'tibble' ...
    ** package 'tibble' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ERROR: cannot remove earlier installation, is it in use?
  • removing 'C:/Users/user/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/tibble'
  • restoring previous 'C:/Users/user/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/tibble'
    Warning in file.copy(lp, dirname(pkgdir), recursive = TRUE, copy.date = TRUE) :
    problem copying C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK-tibble\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll to C:\Users\user\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll: Permission denied
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/user/Downloads/tibble_3.0.1.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Delete the 00LOCK folders specified in the error messages and then try installing again.

Worked. Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.