"libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found"

Hi,

I am running into a trouble for "libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found" issue.

I was trying to run python sklearn in R cloud. sklearn was successfully installed, but when I was trying to run:

"

import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

from sklearn.datasets import make_blobs
from sklearn.discriminant_analysis import LinearDiscriminantAnalysis

I got the error message:
"ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by /home/rstudio-user/.local/share/r-miniconda/envs/py3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/scipy/fft/_pocketfft/pypocketfft.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)"

It seems that "libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22'" not found... does anyone know how should I solve this problem?

The project url is:
https://rstudio.cloud/project/1206602

Thanks,
Li

This means that your Python package requires a newer version of of libstdc++.so.6 than what is currently available on rstudio.cloud:

rstudio-user@application-2196984-deployment-5855589-vvf7h:/cloud/project$ strings /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

Try installing the package from source and have it compile on rstudio.cloud itself.

Thanks Josh. Could you please provide more details on how to install the package from source? I was trying to type 'sudo apt-get install libstdc++6' in my terminal but it popped up "password for rstudio-user" and I don't think I have setup that password before...
Thanks so much, any details will be highly appreciated!

Li

Hi Gosh, I checked and got to know that "GLIBCXX_3.4.21" is the latest version in my cloud. I need to install "GLIBCXX_3.4.22" in order to run those Python packages. I read some posts and I realize that I may not have permission to use sudo command to install "GLIBCXX_3.4.22" in my terminal. As you said, the only way I can get this install is to manually download it on my own and compile in my could, correct?

If my understanding is correct, can you provide some guidelines/instructions on how to do that so I can follow?

Thanks a lot!
Li

Don't install Python wheels. Install the Python package from source and compile it in rstudio.cloud.
You are not able to install or update libstdc++.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.