Limit students' excessive project hours?

What is the best way to limit students' excessive use of cloud resources? In the past, I've had individual students use 120 project hours/month when the average was closer to 10.

1. How can students be sure that they are no longer using project hours? Is it enough to interrupt R and close the browser tab? Should they be instructed to terminate R in the session tab?
  2. Is it possible to automatically alert a student who is on track to use more than a certain number of project hours in a given billing cycle?
  3. Alternatively, is there a way to cap usage for individual students at a certain level, so that they would need to write to the instructor to request additional hours?

The reason I'm asking is that my university's funding is limited, and I would be on the hook for any excessive use. The "unlimited plan" is unfortunately too expensive.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.