Link RStudio instance to Process ID?

In Mac OS, with multiple instances of RStudio open (multiple projects open in different windows), is there a way to figure out which Activity Monitor Process ID is associated with which RStudio instance?

Sometimes I would like to figure out which of my open R projects is gobbling up memory or would like to selectively force quit one project, but it's not clear to me other than guesswork how to cross-reference Process IDs and open projects. Any tips?

Yep! Just run this in your R console:

> Sys.getpid()

That will return the Process ID of the rsession image, which you can look up in Activity Monitor.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Oh, that's great, I didn't know about that & it will be quite handy - thanks.

That command gets the ID for the R session; is there any way to get the Process ID of the RStudio project?

**Editing after the thread was closed: To figure out the RStudio process, ID the R process & open that process by double clicking it the Activity Monitor. In the top left corner it gives you a link to open the parent process, which if you're running R via RStudio is the RStudio process.