lme-4 package cannot be updated

I am getting the following error in an attempt to update the lme4 package. As I understandt similar issues in package installation occur due to a limít of allocated RAM for RStudio Cloud users. Maybe this package could be considered as well for the workaround applied for the other packages with the same problem.

g++  -I"/opt/R/3.5.2/lib/R/include" -DNDEBUG  -I"/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/Rcpp/include" -I"/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/RcppEigen/include" -I/usr/local/include  -DNDEBUG -DEIGEN_DONT_VECTORIZE -fpic  -g -O2  -c external.cpp -o external.o
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make: *** [external.o] Error 4
/opt/R/3.5.2/lib/R/etc/Makeconf:171: recipe for target 'external.o' failed
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘lme4’
* removing ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/lme4’
* restoring previous ‘/home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/lme4’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘lme4’ had non-zero exit status

Hi,

It looks like lme4 was updated to 1.1-20 very recently and was not in our package cache. It's been added and it seems to be installing fine on my end. Let me know if you have any issues.

Sean

Successfully installed. Thanks.
Koray.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.