Hi all. An app I have hosted on shinyapps.io is taking a long time to wake up (i.e., when my acct tells me my app instance is sleeping, I visit my app, and the first time it loads it takes a long time), and I'm trying to make a decision about how to re-write my code for better wakeup performance. A couple things to note that I believe are related:
- I am using a free-tier account at the moment while I test different hosting options
- My app is large (~2.5 GB, mostly in the form of a SQLite db), which based on my research might technically exceed an app limit of 1 GB for free accounts (yet my app still works)
Not knowing much about how shinyapps.io works "under the hood", I'm having difficulty figuring out how I should proceed to improve the wakeup performance. Should I:
- Purchase a higher tier account?
- Offload some of my SQLite data sources onto web services?
- Make a tweak to one of the app settings?
Many thanks for any insight the community could provide.