macOS: Pandoc problem when using cron

Hi,

macOS 13.2.1 Intel, RStudio Version 2023.03.0+386 (2023.03.0+386), R version 4.2.3 (2023-03-15).

When using cron created through RStudio Addins to run a R script I have received pandoc version 1.12.3 or higher is required and was not found.

I have already checked different sites and threats regarding the use of Sys.setenv(RSTUDIO_PANDOC = "/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/tools"). Present Pandoc on that folder is version 3.1.1. From Sys.getenv() = RSTUDIO_PANDOC /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/quarto/bin/tools.

If I source the script inside RStudio, it works. If I go to Terminal and Rscript the file inside the directory, it works too.

When I try Addins, after selecting the file, I get:

It is advised that the file you want to schedule (/Users/XXX/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/XXX YYYY/Clients/ZZZ.R) does not contain spaces - there is a space between Mobile and Documents and another one between XXX and YYYY.

Could the reason be that the spaces inside the path name are affecting the proper functioning of cron? If so, and I can't change the name of the folders, any suggestion?

PS: using cron_add it works correctly.

I'm having the exact same issue, but it only started quite recently for me. Have you found a fix?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.