make wd the default from first-install of R

Hello, i'm a complete newb at R (just downloaded it for the first time today). Here is my problem: I tried to fix something and changed the initial working directory (under preferences and startup) to a folder on my desktop - and I think that is causing me some problems, now that I want to install packages and unload them. I just generally feel like I shouldn't have changed it, and now it seems impossible to just make the settings under preferences go back to the default, like when I installed the program for the first time. I have tried uninstalling R, but when I reinstall it has remembered the initial working directory - even though I used this command in terminal (which I found in https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Uninstalling-under-macOS):

sudo rm -Rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework /Applications/R.app \
   /usr/local/bin/R /usr/local/bin/Rscript

I just want to be able to have a completely fresh start with R and Rstudio :sweat: Is this poosible and can anyone guide me how to do this?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.