Manually knitting an Rmd file produces different results when the file is located at different places

When writing a blog post, I often manually knit the document to examine the results (figures, latex formula) quickly, and the output used to be a normal html_document which suits my need. However, after a recent update, manually knitting the document under a blogdown directory no longer produces the html_document output. Instead, it produces something like the following where figures and latex formulas aren't shown properly (taking the default content of an Rmd file as an example):

Here's the output of the "R Markdown" console in RStudio:

/usr/lib/rstudio/bin/pandoc/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS 1.knit.md 
--to html4 
--from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash 
--output 1.html~ 
--lua-filter /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/bookdown/rmarkdown/lua/custom-environment.lua 
--lua-filter /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/pagebreak.lua 
--lua-filter /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/latex-div.lua 
--wrap preserve -M link-citations=true 
--standalone 
--section-divs 
--template /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/blogdown/resources/template-minimal.html 
--no-highlight 
--include-in-header /tmp/RtmphBPBhs/rmarkdown-str73fd791178f2.html 
--mathjax

If I knit the same document outside a blogdown directory, then the resulting output is as expected:

And the output of the "R Markdown" console is:

/usr/lib/rstudio/bin/pandoc/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS 1.knit.md 
--to html4 
--from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash 
--output 1.html 
--lua-filter /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/pagebreak.lua 
--lua-filter /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/latex-div.lua 
--self-contained 
--variable bs3=TRUE 
--standalone 
--section-divs 
--template /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rmarkdown/rmd/h/default.html 
--no-highlight 
--variable highlightjs=1 
--variable theme=bootstrap 
--include-in-header /tmp/RtmpXfya1w/rmarkdown-str724a4171c407.html 
--mathjax 
--variable 'mathjax-url:https://mathjax.rstudio.com/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML

What happens when I click the "knit" button in RStudio? How to adjust the behaviour so that when knitting the document in a blogdown directory produces an html_output file?

The first screenshort shows that the YAML header was not really correctly parsed. Please check it.

Also with blogdown, you can run the check functions. See about them here: Announcing blogdown v1.0 - Posit

Then, with Blogdown, you can preview your site while working on it. No need to compile to html_document(). This is better practice to preview your post in its blog context. And I guess that would prevent some errors.

Please try this way too.

Hope its helps

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.