markdown html empty or missing content when shared with some (but not all) colleagues by email

Hi,
Occasionally when i share an html markdown report by email other people are not able to see anything in the file. Sometimes people can see data but no figures. While sending the file from a PC I have also cc'd myself and I am able to see the file with contents on my phone as well as a mac so i suspect it is something to do with the recipients computer and or web browser. So far I've been unable to find any mention of others having similar problems or to resolve the problem with recipients.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Do you have any suggestions for settings I could change to ensure that other people are able to see my analysis?
Thanks,

1 Like

I don't know about the specific use case and technical stuff but about R Markdown and Email, you may be interested by the blastula package
https://rstudio.github.io/blastula/index.html

See also https://solutions.rstudio.com/r/blastula/

Hi, have you found out anything about this? I have the exactly same issue. Some of the content - for me, tables created with paged_table or DT or flowchart created from DiagrammR - just disappear from html file when I share it with others. But tables created with kable is fine. I can't figure this out. Haunted by this problem!

No, unfortunately i haven't. And I'm a little surprised that I haven't found any other reports of this behavior. I've had the recipient try different web browsers as well and it doesn't seem to matter. I have a suspicion that it's only on windows machines. I am also aware that some recipients can see results on one machine and not another.

I use Macbook so it may not be about Windows. I have a feeling that it is about settings by a browser. I used to use Chrome as a default browser and recently switched back to Safari. Anyway if I manage to find a solution, will let you know. Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.