paid / full-time / USA, remote
This position is seeks folks with experience with R Markdown and/or Shiny.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. A COVID-19 booster, after 2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, isn’t required at this time but is highly effective and strongly encouraged for all staff.
The Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) is incubated within Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) and is now the nation’s premier multicenter Clinical Research Organization (CRO) specializing in ground breaking prostate cancer research.
The PCCTC is hiring a Data Scientist II to wrangle, table, visualize, and statistically analyze clinical trial data. You will work with our Data Science Team to scale programmatic solutions to novel problems in the form of packaged software.
- Research and apply statistical methods, building complex models when necessary.
- Develop and maintain software and programming pipelines, most often in the form of R packages.
- Meet with hospital leadership and/or clinical trial sponsors, understand business needs, translate business needs into analytics tasks and present results aimed at satisfying those business needs.
- Build data pipelines for automated data processing suitable for downstream statistical modeling or summarizing.
- Craft efficient and reusable software solutions for complex data visualization and tabling.
- Provide some training for junior analysts.
- 2-4 years of Data Science experience required.
- Solid understanding of R software programming for data wrangling, analysis, and visualization.
- Passionate about data and creating new solutions to empower cancer care and research.
- Knowledge of adjacent programming languages or software (e.g. Python, SAS), ELT tools and their administration, and exposure to relational/non-relational databases is preferred.
- Experience with version control (git).
- Experience with R Markdown and/or Shiny is preferred.
This is a 100% remote opportunity.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.