Merging abnormal stock returns in a dataset on the next trading day (event study)

Hello,

I am currently working on an event study which tries to capture the effect a win or loss has on the stock performance the day after a football match game. However, I have difficulties merging the dataset with all the football variables with the abnormal returns of the different companies.

Lets assume a game is played on Wednesday the 7th I would need the data on the stock performance of Thursday the 8th. Furthermore, If a game is played before a holiday or in the weekend I would need to have the stock returns of the next trading day, so this can change in how many days after the event.

How could I make this possible so in the end I could run a regression and see if wins and/or losses have an effect on the stock price the trading day after the match is played.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.