paid / full-time / Redmond, Washington, United States
Office 365 has made Microsoft into the largest SaaS company in the world. With over 100 million mailboxes and the fastest growth in the industry, it represents the world’s largest store of human behavioral and network data about work and contains tremendous potential to inform and increase organizational productivity around the world. Our team of engineers and data scientists have pioneered the analysis of all such collaboration signals into anonymous, aggregated, predictive data that can help enterprises measure, correlate collaboration to key business processes. In addition to identifying and quantifying potential productivity issues, the team is starting on a journey to convert issues into specific actions for employees to follow and improve individual and group behaviors. This is an opportunity to join this team and become an expert on measuring and improving productivity in the enterprise.
Who we are:
We have a startup culture - dreaming big, working hands-on with customers, and daring to build something that has never been built before. Our team applies cutting edge big data and analytics technology, machine learning and high-end business services to empower executives, managers, and individuals to better understand and focus their own time and their team’s time around their important priorities.
What we work on:
The Workplace Intelligence team works on a new family of people analytics products in Microsoft:
Workplace Analytics leverages Office 365 collaboration data to deliver powerful new insights for enterprise productivity. It helps business leaders understand collaboration patterns across organizations that influence productivity and employee engagement.
Learn more about our product: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/workplace-analytics
MyAnalytics analyzes how you spend your time at work, then suggests ways to work smarter, from cutting unproductive meeting time to getting better work/life balance.
Learn more about our product: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/myanalytics-personal-analytics
- Have an ability to mine data sets with Cosmos, Hadoop or Spark like technologies
- Transform data into innovative features/signals that can improve a machine-learning task
- Build machine learning models and evaluating their quality on real life scenarios
- Prototype new approaches and develop new algorithms using ML techniques
- Work with other data scientists, engineers, UX experts to deliver a robust solution to the customer
- Have an ability to self-learn new techniques from textbooks and research papers
- Never compromise on engineering excellence and delivering quality at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience (or research projects in lieu of industry experience) in the areas of data science, machine learning, information retrieval or natural language processing
- Proficiency and demonstrable skills using statistical or machine learning programming languages and packages (Python/R etc.)
- Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.