Mix Things Up: A Random Workout Plan Generator - Shiny Contest Submission

Mix Things Up: A Random Workout Plan Generator

Authors: Sam Parmar

Abstract: Trying to get back into more seriously working out. Thought it would be fun to have a simple app to quickly generate random workout plans from a list of exercises. Feel free to use the app or source code to generate your random workout plan (based on a preset list of exercises). Get after it!

Full Description: Thought it would be fun to have a simple app to quickly generate random workout plans from a list of exercises. Decided to build a Shiny App out of the idea. Additionally, I recently read Tim Ferris’s 4-Hour Workweek. I’ve been using his suggestion setting a time limit to advantage of the magic of an imminent deadline. So, I gave myself up to two evenings after work. Going forward I’ll give myself a week to iterate more and distribute the work out. In the process, learned more about the gt package, bslib package, and publishing Google Sheets for import into R Shiny. Description from blog post I wrote on April 6 here.

Keywords: exercises, workouts, gt, bslib
Shiny app: https://parmsam.shinyapps.io/MixThingsUp/
Repo: GitHub - parmsam/mix-things-up-shiny: Random workout plan generator created for R Shiny Contest 2021 as part of judges submission
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail: