Moffitt Cancer Center - Informatics Application Developer (Shiny focused)
Informatics Application Developer (Shiny focused) - Moffitt Cancer Center
paid / Remote within US / full-time
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Informatics is the science of using data, information, and knowledge to improve human health and the delivery of healthcare services. It is a multidisciplinary and integrative field that focuses on health information technologies, and involves the computer, cognitive, and social sciences. Moffitt Cancer Center's Health Informatics department is part of the Office of Health Data Services (OHDS). OHDS operates under the leadership of Moffitt's Chief Data Officer and its mission is to provide access to high-quality data, thus enabling advances in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Health Informatics oversees initiatives related to Moffitt's enterprise data warehouse and cloud-based analytics platform and is responsible for the integrity and governance of the overall data ecosystem.
The Informatics Application Developer will create modern web-based applications, dashboards, and reports that summarize and describe diverse, cloud-based institutional data resources. This member of the Health Informatics team will engage with data consumers across research and administrative domains to understand user needs in browser-based self-query tools and will possess the front-end development and data science skills to create working instances of such tools. The team member can expect to regularly collaborate with Information Technology and Health Data Services groups to ensure application compatibility with institutional architecture and to transition developed applications into production-level deployments.
The ideal candidate will Demonstrate:
- Proficiency in variety of data visualization and analysis tools
- Knowledge of common database architectures and methods for database interaction
- Experience programming in R (tidyverse including dbplyr, R markdown, Shiny) strongly preferred, though equivalent experience in adjacent languages (Python, SAS) will also be considered
- Experience with cloud-based workflows (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with git-based version control
- Ability to demonstrate collaboration with diverse stakeholder groups, including research, clinical, and administrative faculty and staff
- Presentation skills, including ability to present to leadership groups across the organization
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Problem solving skills and the ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in highly complex clinical and business problems
- Dedication to a positive attitude, strong customer service support and commitment to the achievement of Moffitt's strategic goals is required
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment as well as work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, in all dealings with business associates and clients
- Maintain high moral and ethical standards in all dealings with clients and business associates
Education and experience required:
A Master's Degree in Informatics, Health Sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field and at least 4 years of experience analyzing healthcare data utilizing data science techniques
- Master's Degree in Informatics, Health Sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field and at least 6 years of experience analyzing healthcare data utilizing data science techniques
- Training or relevant experience in health information systems or health informatics