Monitor flickering after switching workplace

Basics:
R version 3.6.0 | R Studio version 1.2.1335
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel 4 Core i
RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Problem
RStudio runs fine, but when I switch monitors going from Home Office to Office or traveling, RStudio starts flickering in the same frequency as the mouse pointer does. The "flickering" is a change of the background color intensity (same color but lighter) but strongly enough, that I have to close and restart RStudio. The problem doesn't occur every time, but ca 80% of the time.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks much in advance. George

Do you see the same issue with the preview release or daily builds of RStudio?

Kevin, thanks for checking in.
Yes, the flickering still goes on. I recorded it see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFhIC5LQe8&feature=youtu.be
George

Thanks. Some other information that could be helpful:

1. Is there anything else you can do within the IDE to stop the flickering? (Resizing the window; moving the window from one monitor to another; other things I might have not thought of)

2. If you right click somewhere on the IDE surface, you should see a Reload menu item. This will reload the IDE surface. Does doing this stop the flickering?

This may help us get a better handle on the underlying cause of this issue. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.