More trouble loading tidyverse

Loading tidyverse has failed on me again. (Why doesn't tidyverse like me? I like it.) I have uninstalled and reinstalled. On Windows 10, R 4.1.0.) Could a guru bail me out once again.

> library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in namespaceExport(ns, exports):
 undefined exports: add_case, add_column, add_row, as.tibble, as_data_frame, as_tibble, as_tibble_col, as_tibble_row, char, column_to_rownames, data_frame, data_frame_, deframe, enframe, frame_data, frame_matrix, has_rownames, is.tibble, is_tibble, knit_print.trunc_mat, lst, lst_, new_tibble, num, remove_rownames, repair_names, rowid_to_column, rownames_to_column, set_tidy_names, tibble, tibble_, tibble_row, tidy_names, tribble, trunc_mat, validate_tibble, view
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package ‘tidyverse’ was built under R version 4.1.1 
2: S3 methods ‘$.tbl_df’, ‘$<-.tbl_df’, ‘[.tbl_df’, ‘[<-.tbl_df’, ‘[[.tbl_df’, ‘[[<-.tbl_df’, ‘names<-.tbl_df’, ‘row.names<-.tbl_df’, ‘as.data.frame.tbl_df’, ‘as_tibble.NULL’, ‘as_tibble.data.frame’, ‘as_tibble.default’, ‘as_tibble.list’, ‘as_tibble.matrix’, ‘as_tibble.poly’, ‘as_tibble.table’, ‘as_tibble.ts’, ‘format.trunc_mat’, ‘print.trunc_mat’, ‘quote_n.character’, ‘quote_n.default’, ‘str.tbl_df’, ‘tbl_sum.tbl_df’, ‘vec_ptype_abbr.tbl_df’ were declared in NAMESPACE but not found 

I was having the same issue, for me it was that I didn't have my R studio updated to the most recent version.

It happened to me right after I updated RStudio to the latest version. (Probably wasn't the cause.)

Those seem to come from tibble, try reinstalling it

install.packages("tibble")

About the probable cause, Have you recently updated your R version?

That fixed it. Thanks much. (I had not done a recent update of R.)

Enough people seem to run into problems with packages that used to work stopping all of a sudden that it would be nice if there were some kind of FAQ to help people figure out a fix without needing a rescue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.