paid / full-time / San Francisco USA
Morning Consult is a global data intelligence company delivering insights on what people think in real time. By surveying tens of thousands across the globe every single day, Morning Consult is unmatched in scale and speed: It determines the true measure of what people think and how their decisions impact business, politics and the economy. Industry leaders rely on Morning Consult's proprietary technology and analysis for real-time, intelligent data to transform information into a competitive advantage.
Morning Consult is re-defining how public opinion data is collected, visualized, and measured. We're looking to add talented, ambitious technical talent to our data science team to help continue pushing the boundaries of survey research.
This role requires getting your hands dirty with all aspects of the public opinion data collection process, from improving survey sampling methods to designing experiments to constructing regression models. Due to its wide-spanning, interdisciplinary nature that cuts across teams of journalists, designers, and account managers, this role demands both a near insatiable curiosity and a service-oriented, collaborative spirit.
Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and demonstrate an eagerness to learn; entrepreneurial builders who proactively seek out ways to help their teammates and improve processes will thrive.
- Take ownership over all aspects of the data collection process, such as programming survey questionnaires, performing analyses of custom data sets, obtaining and applying survey weights, and producing deliverables
- Continuously generate ideas and build tools to improve data collection quality and processes. This might include developing packages to streamline data cleaning or automate slide deck creation
- Convey technical, complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Utilize statistical techniques such as regression analysis to develop and improve models
- Learn new programming languages as necessary
- Team player that is willing to have fun and work hard in a fast-paced startup environment
- Continuous self-improvement; willing to accept feedback
Note: we view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list. Competitive candidates will have solid fundamentals and demonstrated experience in a few key areas. We regularly budget time and resources for learning new techniques when a project requires specific domain expertise -- which is one of the things we love most about our team.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., economics, statistics, computer science, math)
- 3+ years of experience in highly analytical role at a fast-paced company
- Expertise with R statistical software (i.e., data visualization and processing)
- Experience with online survey research, including but not limited to working with online survey panels, conducting and analyzing survey experiments, and working with online weighting methodologies
- Knowledge of descriptive/inferential statistics and econometrics
About Morning Consult
Named one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America by Deloitte, Morning Consult is revolutionizing ways to collect, organize, and share survey research data to transform how global leaders in business and government make decisions.
With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., Morning Consult provides research, news, and brand-tracking technology for over 200 of the world’s biggest companies and industry associations. Additionally, Morning Consult conducts regular surveys for major media organizations including POLITICO , The Hollywood Reporter , Bloomberg , and The New York Times .
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.