Multiple --> Error: package or namespace load failed

Greetings,

I ran update packages via RStudio earlier tonight and now several packages no longer work, including:

As my code no longer works, any help is greatly appreciated by an #rstatsnewbie

Software information:
RStudio Version 1.1.463
R version 3.5.3 (2019-03-11)

Cheers,
Jason

# title: "reprex_tidyverse"
# author: "Jason"
# date: 14/05/2019

library(tidyverse)
#> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'tidyverse':
#>  .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'pillar', details:
#>   call: NULL
#>   error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'vctrs', details:
#>   call: get(genname, envir = envir)
#>   error: object 'type_sum' not found

library(ez)
#>    Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ez’:
#> 	.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'pillar', details:
#> 	call: NULL
#>    error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'vctrs', details:
#>    call: get(genname, envir = envir)
#>    error: object 'type_sum' not found

library(fuzzyjoin)
#>   Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘fuzzyjoin’:
#> 	.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'pillar', details:
#> 	call: NULL
#>   error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'vctrs', details:
#> 	call: get(genname, envir = envir)
#>     error: object 'type_sum' not found

Created on 2019-05-14 by the reprex package (v0.2.1)

Hi Jason,

Could you try installing pillar on its own? It also looks like your vctrs installation has something odd going on, so you might try re-installing that as well.

install.packages("pillar")

Thanks for the suggestion. I reinstalled both, and that seems to have helped with some of the other packages. However, #tidyverse and #plotly still don't work.

# title: "reprex_tidyverse"
# author: "Jason"
# date: 15/05/2019

library(tidyverse)
#> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'tidyverse' in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
#>  namespace 'vctrs' 0.1.0 is being loaded, but >= 0.1.0.9003 is required
library(plotly)
#> Loading required package: ggplot2
#> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'plotly' in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
#>  namespace 'vctrs' 0.1.0 is being loaded, but >= 0.1.0.9003 is required

Created on 2019-05-15 by the reprex package (v0.2.1)

I’ve updated my jdk (see below) and reinstalled/updated all of the packages that weren't working. As of now, #tabulizer seems to be the only one not working. It also seems to be looking for jdk 11which I don't have so I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jason
#rstatsnewbie

java version "12.0.1" 2019-04-16
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 12.0.1+12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 12.0.1+12, mixed mode, sharing)

library(tabulizer)
#> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'tabulizer':
#>  .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'tabulizerjars', details:
#>   call: NULL
#>   error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
#>   call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
#>   error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so':
#>   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-11.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib
#>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so
#>   Reason: image not found

Created on 2019-05-15 by the reprex package (v0.2.1)

I think the rJava issue is separate from from the others, so if you could open a new thread for this, that'd be great.

Thanks

Have you installed the development version of tidyr per chance? Could you reinstall tidyr please, to see if that fixes it?

Reinstalling vctrs and then tidyr from CRAN fixed the error for this user: https://github.com/tidyverse/dplyr/issues/4367

Thanks for the information. I’ve reinstalled all the packages and everything except tabulizer seems to be working. I am using the pivot_wider command in the development version of tidyr. However, after reinstalling the development version this seems to be working as well, but I had use the development version of vctrs (0.1.0.900) to get everything running smoothly. I will open another thread about the tabulizer issue.

Cheers,
Jason #rstatsnewbie

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.