My plot seams less saturated

Please help me why is my plot seams dull... how to make it pop the colours when ever i use both the colour and shape within the aes() it produces like this.... but not when i use only either one of them only within aes()

#Resudual Plot
library(ggplot2)
library(tidyverse)
resids=lm_fit_final2$residuals
resudual_Plot_2 = data_frame(Predicted = predicted_Koc$predicted_value,Residual = lm_fit_final2$residuals,Category=Final_Master_Data_With_PFAS$Category)
median(resids)
ggplot(resudual_Plot_2,aes(Predicted,Residual),+ aes(xlab("Predicted"),ylab("Residuals")))+geom_point(aes(shape = Category,color=Category),size= 2) + geom_hline(yintercept = -0.03848633)+coord_equal()+theme_classic()

Residual

Hi @Naarayanan777,
To increase the contrast between your categories of points you may like to specify the colours. We don't have your data, so here is an example using your modified code:

library(ggplot2)
library(tidyverse)

lm_fit_final2 <- lm(mpg ~ disp, data=mtcars)
resids <- lm_fit_final2$residuals
fitted <- fitted(lm_fit_final2)
category <- c(rep(1, 20), rep(2, 12))  # Dummy category

residual_Plot_2 <- data.frame(Predicted = fitted,
                              Residual = resids,
                              Category = factor(category))
my_med <- median(resids)
ggplot(residual_Plot_2, aes(Predicted, Residual)) + 
  xlab("Predicted") +
  ylab("Residuals") +
  geom_point(aes(shape = Category, color = Category), size= 3) + 
  geom_hline(yintercept = my_med) +
  coord_equal() +
  theme_classic() +
  scale_color_manual(values=c("red", "blue"))

Created on 2020-05-25 by the reprex package (v0.3.0)

You also have a lot of points overlap: you may like to add an alpha = 0.2 value.
HTH

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you so much sir, for the idea..have done some changes and finally got it right....But when i use alpha =0.2 it kinda collapse...but when i not mentioned it kinda good but still some points overlap a little..i have experimented with alpha= to various values but still they collapse...so i kinda removed it..So what will be the reason sir? i have like 450 values