paid / full-time / Seattle USA
We are looking for an individual who is ready to demonstrate how we can best engage and grow NBC News Digital by mining opportunities for growth through analysis of behavioral data. This role will contribute directly to the success of our current and future NBC News Digital products and will define the next generation of content strategy for the business. Your expertise and background will be leveraged to innovate and develop new use cases for our data and deliver insights to the larger business.
This role will be embedded within the Data Engineering and Business Intelligence team but will interface across the business. Candidates should have extensive experience developing, implementing and refining models into production environment.
You will have demonstrated ability to work with Data and Machine Learning Engineers. You will lead data science projects from planning stages through execution and delivery. You’ll maintain and develop tools and processes to standardize and automate recurring procedures/tasks.
This role is based in Seattle but can work remote during the pandemic.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or relevant field
• 6+ years experience as a data scientist or data analyst
• Mastery of SQL and either R or Python
• Demonstrated success with statistical modeling and advanced data science techniques
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Domo)
• Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable, self-driven, confident and resourceful
- Background in digital media or entertainment a plus
- Experience with software development and automation a