Need help calculating percent of production by source by 2018 for each continent

Morning,

I am having trouble calculating the percent of production by source in 2018 for each continent.

df_tidy %>%
group_by (Country, tonnes) %>%

select(Country,tonnes,year)%>%

filter (Country % in % c("Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Oceania"))

df_tidy<-pivot_wider(data=df_tidy,names_from = c("Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Oceania"),values_from =tonnes/sum (df_tidy$tonnes, names_sep = "_"))

mutate(africa.total.global.production=df_tidy$Country:Africa/df_tidy$tonnes)

Error: Can't subset columns that don't exist. x Column Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Oceania doesn't exist.

First of all, please read FAQ: What's a reproducible example (reprex) and how do I create one?

Without actual reprex I can't even guess where your problem actually starts. The error returned, perhaps, because your df_tidy does not have a column titled "Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe,Oceania" (as a single word).

P.S. Consider following some guide for clean code writing (e.g. https://style.tidyverse.org/). It is really hard to read and understand.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.